St. Mark United Methodist Church held special services September 21 consecrating newly completed renovations and additions. Special guests Bishop Mary Virginia Taylor, of the South Carolina Conference, and Reverend Robert Stilwell, Superintendent of the denomination’s Anderson District, told the Seneca congregation that the new facilities represented new opportunities for ministry.
Craig Gaulden Davis designed a two-story addition that adds general purpose assembly space, a new youth room and support spaces following a master plan CGD developed in 2005. Renovations to the existing 1960’s-era building upgrade choir rehearsal space. In the sanctuary, the chancel was replaced, seating increased, and audio-visual systems added. A new narthex and entrance portico improve access and appearance from the street. SYS Constructors of Greenville was the general contractor.
St. Mark United Methodist Church was founded in 1874 as the Union Church. Reverend Steve Morgan is Pastor.