Since the early 1900’s, Mt. Carmel CME Church served Anderson, SC through a variety of ministries. In recent years, the church’s building has fallen into decay and had to be closed. Church leaders considered tearing down this neighborhood landmark (affectionately known as Red Top) and putting a metal building in its place.
Those talks have now come to an end, in part due to the generous support of partners throughout the area – including Craig Gaulden Davis – who have donated goods and services to restore Red Top. CGD donated architectural services, reconfiguring worship and support spaces, to help the church return to her historic role in the community.