The headquarters of the Laurens Electric Cooperative in Laurens, SC have been transformed. Laurens Electric is a member-owned rural electric cooperative that serves more than 53,000 residential, commercial and industrial consumers in seven upstate South Carolina counties. Craig Gaulden Davis designed the much-needed overhaul.
The 21,000 plus square foot building was constructed in 1976 and last renovated in 1991. The changes just completed:
- Renovated the main lobby and customer service department to increase efficiency and safety for customers and customer service representatives,
- Equipped the board room that to permit video conferencing meetings with remote offices,
- Upgraded HVAC and lighting systems for greater efficiency,
- Installed auxiliary power to prevent interruption of computer and dispatch functions,
- Removed obstacles to handicapped access and use, and
- Replaced outdated furniture, signage and window treatments.
Construction took eight months. The contractor was Hogan Construction Group of Piedmont, SC.